Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Christmas matchbox countdown

Matchbox countdown.   This is a cute little countdown made out of matchboxes, the little boxes.   I think that it looks a little present!! :)





I had 24 of the little matchboxes, that I emptied out.   Then I taped three of them together and then taped 4 of the 3 stacks together like this. You off set them so that you can pull out the inside box.  Then I stacked and glued together the 2 squares of  4 - 3 stacked  boxes.  Hopefully that all made sense. I hope the pictures help.

  Next I covered them with scrapbook paper.  Add paper to the inside box, a brad to the front and add ribbon on the bottom to use as a tab to help pull it back out.  


I put a little flat ornament in each box.  I have a small tree in my daughter's room and we use this countdown to decorate it.  She loves it, and loves the surprise of which ornament she will get next.  I always save the Santa ornament for the 24th.   It can also be filled with little candies or slips of paper with activities for the family. 



No comments:

Post a Comment